Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Dream

For a long time now, I have thought about it, this dream of mine.

I was struggling to wake up. Something is not right. Everything around me was just dark & gloomy. It’s like being lost in a maze where there isn’t even a beam of light. I struggle to get up. I saw myself worried about my work unfinished. I had set a target to ensure I am able to finish what I need to do. A week passed and I proudly walked into my boss office & informed him that I had finished all my tasks. I handed to him my work. Thank him and requested for a hug, then say good bye. I then walked to 2 of my friend’s cubicle, hug them and say good bye as well.

A change in scenario took me back to my home. I had applied for several days of leave. I had packed my bags & informed my parents that I would be away for a few days, going outstation for work. Then I saw myself driving over to my friend’s house. I chatted with her, had a great time, laugh, joke and as I was about to leave, I had given her a kiss on her forehead & say good bye. I walked towards the door & I stopped. With a heavy heart I look back, taking a last look trying to capture that smile, that look. Hoping that it will be engrave in my mind forever.

I drove to a hotel, had a shower then lay down on the bed. It was evening then. I took out the knife that I had prepared earlier and with one swift slash, I had made a mark on my wrist. It was not as painful as I thought. As I lay watching the blood drip on the white mattress, I had to call her. The last that I remembered was talking to her…. And then silence. No more sound, no more pain, blissful….

It’s just a dream…

No comments: