Monday, April 26, 2010

I have not written for quite some time now. Recently I became a member of PJ community library. The place’s nice but it’s really, really cold inside. The 1st floor especially could turn your brain to ‘popsicle’ after about an hour or so. I had recently borrowed 6 books from the Darren Shan series. The show entitled “Cirque du Freak: The Vampire’s Assistant (2009)” are base on these books. After reading the 3rd book, I finally managed to get the DVD. I was really eager to watch the movie as when I read, I would try to imagine how Darren (the main character) would look like, his best friend Steve, Madam Octa (the spider) Mr. Crepsley the vampire, the people from Cirque du Freak & so on. I enjoyed the book very much as the book described perfectly each scene & it takes my mind through various adventures. Unfortunately, the movie was nothing I hope it would be. The movie tried to cramp all the series into 1 film & I was especially disappointed how the Cirque du Freak was introduced in the movie. I felt like seeing clips of ‘cut & paste’ scenes which was then turn into a movie. The feeling of curiosity and excitement were no longer presence in the movie. How unfortunate. It could have been a great movie.

I haven’t had that many opportunities to read all those books which was later turn into movies. So far I had read P.S I Love You & watch the movie. Sad to say, the movie had also done injustice to the writer similar to the Vampire’s Assistant. The story written by Cecilia Ahern was in P.S I Love You was great. It was one of those stories that I could laugh & cry at the same time. Imagine! But alas, the movie failed to portray the sadness, the insecurity and the pain the lead character, Holly went through.

So far, the only movie I find which is quite similar to the book I read was Harry Potter, the 1st to 5th movie. The 6th movie, The Half Blood Prince was a bit of a let down as well. I hope to have more opportunities in future to read and compare between the movie and the book which the movie is base on. Hhmm I think my next target would be ‘Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief’ (Grin….)

No comments: