Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I am on MC today. It has been several days since I felt really tired and every inch of my bones ache. I had ignored it. Then right up till yesterday night, I was so tired that I fell asleep as soon as my head touches the pillow. I use to take some time falling into the sleep zone but last night it's as if someone had used a blugger & whack me on the head :)

Half way through the night I woke up shiverring. My teeth were clattering & my muscle was almost in spasm. Despite the hot weather, I was never accustomed to air-condition when I sleep. So only my ceiling fan was spinning restlestly like every other night. After wrapping myself up in my blankie for sometime I fell asleep.

Everything around me was spinning & I was wondering why my neighbour was playing the drum so early in the morning. Then I realised that I woke up with headache & dizziness. Despite my condition I took my medicine, alternating between sleep & working on one of my project.

Finally when my head cleared, I went & saw the dr. The dr told me I look like shit (ok, not precisely using that word) & that my throat was really really red. This particular dr always told me (whenever I had to pay her a visit) that work is not everything. As usual, she repeated this phase again today. She told me, "Pleanty of water & plenty of rest or else, you'll be back to & I will have to issue you more MC." I told her I could not afford any more MC as my work schedule is really pack at the moment. She just smile & said, "It's up to you cos the virus had not fully attack, it's only at the beginning".

Hhhmm, the battle cry had started, me against the virus & its allies. Who will triump at the end?

No comments: